Welcome to MPC's Online Counseling Service!
Have a quick general counseling question or can't make an appointment on campus? Click the green button to "knock on the door" of one of our available counselors and meet them online!
This convenient service is designed to provide short online counseling sessions for students who might otherwise not be able to visit the counseling center on campus. Our online counseling services are provided on a platform that is intuitive and user-friendly platform that requires no software download or installation.
Is Online Counseling Right for me?
Online counseling is perfect for current MPC students who have time constraints that make it difficult to meet with a counselor on campus.
Online counseling is available for the following services:
- General questions
- Questions regarding certificate/degree/transfer requirements
- Registration information
- Reviews or updates to an Education Plan
- Questions on assessment waivers and prerequisite clearances
What you need to participate:
- Any desktop or laptop computer with a camera (preferred).
- Use Chrome or Firefox as your web browser
- Have your web camera ready and activated
- Have a headset with a microphone ready (your cell phone headphones will work great!)
- Android or Windows tablet device (video capabilities currently not supported for Apple iOS devices)
- Use Chrome
- Have your camera ready and activated
- Have a headset with microphone ready (your cell phone headset will work great!)
Online counselors will be available starting on July 17th. Summer schedule for online "drop-in" sessions will be:
|Monday, July 17, 2017
|| 4:00 pm
|Tuesday, July 18, 2017
||9:00 am||12:00 pm|
|Wednesday, July 19, 2017||9:00 am||12:00 pm|
|Monday, July 24, 2017||1:00 pm||4:00 pm|
|Tuesday, July 25, 2017||9:00 am||12:00 pm|
|Wednesday, July 26, 2017||9:00 am||12:00 pm|
- You may meet with a counselor during the hours listed above by "knocking" on the virtual door of an available counselor (indicated by a green button on their Cafe Card, shown below).
- You will then be prompted to login using your MPC Lobo Apps username and password to authenticate as a student at MPC before beginning your session.
- Your session will begin with a text chat window will be replaced by a video window once the counselor "invites you in."
*Please note, all online counseling sessions will be recorded for record-keeping purposes.
Video chat with Online Counseling on Cranium Cafe