Thank you for your interest in becoming an MPC Lobos Ambassador! The goal of the MPC Lobos Ambassadors is to educate prospective students, families, school groups, and the general public on the programs, resources and student life at Monterey Peninsula College. Our ambassadors are leaders and role models within the MPC community, representing the college and supporting college activities and events. MPC Lobos Ambassadors work with students, staff, and the general Monterey Peninsula community.
Please submit the completed application and recommendation form to the MPC Career and Transfer Resource Center (CTRC), located in the Student Services Building, Room 211. MPC Lobos Ambassadors are generally selected in the Spring semester for the next academic year. Training occurs during the summer. Ambassador applications are still being accepted and will continue to be accepted on rolling basis.
Students who are selected as Lobos Ambassadors possess strong interpersonal skills, leadership qualities, a genuine interest in meeting new people, and a sense of school spirit and pride. A Lobo Ambassador should be motivated, a team player, respectful, enthusiastic, responsible, dependable, and punctual. Ambassadors will have flexible work hours and will be paid $10.50 an hour.
- Be a currently enrolled student at MPC
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units for both Fall and Spring
- Attend mandatory staff meetings
- Maintaining a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Must be a student in good standing and not on Academic, Progress, or Disciplinary Probation
- Must have an updated Education plan on file at all times
- Have completed at least one year as a student at MPC
- Ability to work 6-8 hours a week
- Be able to effectively communicate with people of diverse cultural, social, and educational backgrounds
- Must commit to working a full academic year and attend training