Graduates of the Summer and Fall semesters of the previous year, as well as prospective graduates of Spring and Summer of the current year, may participate in the ceremony.
It is too late to submit the online R.S.V.P. form for graduation, but you may still be able to participate! Please contact Admissions & Records for further instructions. We will try to accommodate graduates as much as possible.
- Tel: (831) 646-4002
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ceremony Location and Timeline
2015-2016 academic year: Saturday, June 4, 2016
- 10:00-10:30 Graduate Check-in at MPC amphitheater
- 10:30-11:30 Ceremony Rehearsal at MPC amphitheater
- 11:30 Students gather at MPC amphitheater before ceremony
- 12:00-1:30 Ceremony at MPC stadium (estimated end time)
Check-in and rehearsal are required for students to participate in the graduation ceremony. Regalia is optional for the rehearsal, but there may be limited time for graduates to prepare between the end of rehearsal and the beginning of the ceremony.
Graduation cap/gown regalia is required to participate in the ceremony and is available for purchase at the MPC Bookstore beginning May 6, 2016. Graduation attire may consist of business casual. MPC recommends students wear attire that is personally comfortable to them under their gown.
Graduates are expected to walk from the amphitheater to the stadium across rough terrain. Comfortable shoes are recommended. Accommodations will be made for any student with a physical disability, including those students requiring wheelchair access.
The weather on the Monterey Peninsula fluctuates frequently. Sunscreen is recommended.
Information for Your Guests
Seating is available on the bleachers on the south end (press box side) of the football stadium. All seating is on a first come, first serve basis. We are unable to reserve seats for people. There is no limit on the number of guests a student may invite. No tickets are necessary.
Wheelchair access is readily available, from Lot C. Wheelchair accessible seating is available above the bleachers.
- Chewing gum is not allowed in the stadium. No exceptions.
- Water is the only drink allowed and will be provided to the graduates.
- Food is not allowed at the ceremony. No food will be provided to the graduates. Please plan accordingly.
There are several recognition ceremonies that occur in addition to the main ceremony:
- Rites of Passage Ceremony (African American): contact Stan Armstead at (831) 646-4280.
- Latino Recognition Ceremony: contact Kelly A. Fletes (831) 646-3051
- Departmental recognition: contact the department office associated with your degree program.