Monterey Peninsula College allows students in grades 6-12, who are at least 12 years of age, to enroll in advanced scholastic college courses numbered 1-199. Enrollment is limited to less than 12.0 units per semester (Fall/Spring) or one academic course and one activity course during the summer session. Students may also participate in College & Career Access Pathway (CCAP) courses through their local high schools. CCAP enrollment is limited to no more than 15.0 units (4 courses) per semester (Fall/Spring).
Dual enrollment is granted with written approval from the school principal and parent/legal guardian prior to registering. Dual enrollment for 6-8th grade students need additional approval from the MPC Dean of Student Services.
Dual Enrollment Steps
Please follow these steps. Contact Admissions & Records if you have additional questions:
- Fill out an application online. Within 30 minutes, you should receive a student ID number by email. You will need to re-apply each term/session for which you plan to attend.
Note: students under 13 must fill out a paper application form. You can pick this form up in Admissions & Records.
- Fill out a Dual Enrollment Form. The form must be signed by your parent/legal guardian and a school principal, and must include the courses that were approved. For students in grades 6-8, the Dean of Student Services must also sign the form (Please call (831) 645-1377 for an appointment).
- Submit the completed Dual Enrollment Form (and a paper application, if under age 13) to the Admissions & Records Office for authorization.
- Obtain an add code from your instructor, if necessary.
- Log in to WebReg and add your course(s).
- Double check and print your schedule to verify that you have completed the enrollment process.