Welcome to the English & Study Skills Center
Students who need help with assignments from English classes or classes that require English skills are encouraged to come to the English & Study Skills Center for assistance.
The ESSC offers the following services:
- Free writing, research, and computer assistance
- Self-paced classes to improve your reading, writing, vocabulary, or study skills
- State-of-the-art technology for research, composing, and printing
- Scanners, copiers, and a color printer for your academic projects
- A quiet academic atmosphere
The ESSC also offers free 30-60 minute workshops on a variety of writing and study skills topics. Learn to combat test anxiety, use the MLA documentation system, or improve your textbook reading skills. Click on the Workshops link for a current schedule.
The English and Study Skills Center has over one hundred Windows based PCs available for MPC student use. The Microsoft Office suite of programs is installed on all computers. All computers have assistive software from Kurzweil Educational Systems to help with reading, writing and study skills. In addition, several computers have attached scanners and Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements installed.