Functions of the President's Advisory Group
The President’s Advisory Group advises the Superintendent/President about issues of college-wide importance. It ensures that college members and the S/P are informed of institutional perspectives on major initiatives that impact the campus community and/or will be submitted to the Board of Trustees. For example, the President’s Advisory Group will:
- Represent institutional perspective on issues of college-wide importance
- Collaborate on solutions to institutional challenges
- Review and make recommendations to the S/P on such matters as:
- Board policies and administrative procedures as appropriate
- Institutional Goals and Objectives
- Resource allocation decisions of institutional significance
- Reports, including those related to accreditation, Institution Set Standards, institutional planning, and resources
- Initiate a review of the College mission every six years (2020,2026 and every six years thereafter)
- Organize open forums for discussion of important or controversial issues
The President’s Advisory Group regular recurring meetings are held monthly on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday (exceptions as necessary). Note- The last meeting of 2016-17 was May 23rd, 2017. The first meeting of the Fall 2017 semester will be in August-date to be determined.
- Time: 2:00 p.m. until approximately 4:00 p.m.
- Location: Karas Rm in the LTC,