Governing Board Members
The Governing Board consists of five members elected for four-year terms by the residents of the five trustee areas created by the Monterey County Board of Education on August 11, 2008. Election by trustee area was implemented in November 2009 for Trustee Areas One and Two, and effective in November 2011 for Trustee Areas Three, Four, and Five. Students are represented by the student trustee who is selected annually as part of the ASMPC elections.
|Mr. Charles Brown||Trustee Area 1||2018|
|Dr. Loren Steck
||Trustee Area 5||2020|
|Dr. Margaret-Anne Coppernoll
||Trustee Area 2||2018|
|Mr. Rick Johnson
||Trustee Area 3||2020|
|Ms. Marilynn Gustafson
||Trustee Area 4||2020|
|Mr. Stephen Lambert
Governing Board Goals for 2017 (Adopted November 16, 2016)
- Encourage an open and respectful culture at MPC in partnership with the Superintendent/President.
- Actively participate in and support actions taken by the college to attain fiscal stability.
- Ensure the college policies and procedures are updated, comprehensive, and implemented.
- Respond to ACCJC Accreditation recommendations and support the completion of MPC's Actionable Improvement Plans and Quality Focus Action Projects (as listed in the Institutional Self Evaluation Report, August 2016).
- Respond to and implement appropriate recommendations of the Collaborative Brain Trust Report in order to ensure efficient and effective functioning of MPC.
- Regularly schedule presentations with follow-up discussion opportunities on College programs and issues at Trustee meetings or study sessions.
- Engage in legislative advocacy activities to support the college and community college systems.
- Be open and accessible to community constituents.
Board Meeting Information
The Governing Board holds business meetings once a month on the fourth Wednesday, unless otherwise noted. Workshops and additional meetings are scheduled as needed. Regular meetings begin at 1:30 PM and are held at the following locations: Sam Karas Room, Library Technology Center, Monterey campus, 980 Fremont Street; Marina Education Center, 289 12th Street, Marina; MPC Public Safety Training Center, 2642 Colonel Durham Road, Seaside. Meetings are open to the public.
May 2017 Meeting Schedule
- 8:00 a.m.: Closed Session, Stutzman Room
- 10:00 a.m.: Closed Session, MA-402
- 1:30 p.m.: Regular Meeting, MA-501
Tuesday, May 9, 2017: Library & Technology Center, 980 Fremont Street, Monterey
Wednesday, May 31, 2017: Education Center at Marina, 289 12th Street, Marina