Monterey Peninsula College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation and contact information for the Commission can be found at http://www.accjc.org.
ACCJC reaffirmed Monterey Peninsula College's accreditation in June 2010. MPC's next accreditation evaluation site visit will take place in October 2016.*
The following programs at Monterey Peninsula College also have program-specific programmatic accreditation, certification, or approval from a discipline-specific agency. More information about each agency (including contact information) can be found by following the links to the agencies' websites.
- Nursing: California Board of Registered Nursing and National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission
- Dental Assisting: California State Board of Dental Examiners
- Fire Academy: California State Fire Marshal
- Law Enforcement Academy: Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)
* The self-evaluation process provides an opportunity for individuals to submit third-party comments about the institution to the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC). The ACCJC accepts comments related to an institution’s compliance with Eligibility Requirements, Accreditation Standards, and Commission policies at any time. Third-party comments associated with the self-evaluation review cycle must be received by the ACCJC no later than five weeks before the next scheduled Commission meeting. All comments must be submitted in writing, and must include contact information (name, address, phone number, and email) of the correspondent. ACCJC's comment form can be downloaded from their website.
Recent Reports and Documents
- ACCJC Action Letter on 2013 Midterm Report, July 2013
- Midterm Report, March 2013
- Substantive Change Proposal: Distance Education, February 2013
- Status Report on SLO Implementation, October 2012
Follow-up Reports on Self-Study Recommendations
- Recommendations 1-3: Student Learning Outcomes, October 2012
- Recommendation 4: Distance Education, October 2011
- Recommendation 4: Distance Education (2nd Report), October 2012