Monterey Peninsula College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and the U.S. Department of Education.
The Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, at its meeting between January 11-13, 2017, reviewed Monterey Peninsula College’s Institutional Self Evaluation Report (August 2016) and the External Evaluation Report (November 2016).
The results of the accreditation process are included in the ACCJC Action Letter (January 2017) and in the Public Disclosure Statement (January 2017).
In addition to Monterey Peninsula College’s accreditation, the following programs have specialized or program-specific accreditation:
- Nursing: California Board of Registered Nursing and National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission
- Dental Assisting: California State Board of Dental Examiners
- Fire Academy: California State Fire Marshal
- Law Enforcement Academy: Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)
Recent Reports and Documents
- ACCJC Action Letter, January 2017
- Public Disclosure Statement to MPC, January 2017
- MPC External Evaluation Report, November 2016
- ACCJC Action Letter on 2013 Midterm Report, July 2013
- Midterm Report, March 2013
- Substantive Change Proposal: Distance Education, February 2013
- Status Report on SLO Implementation, October 2012
Follow-up Reports on Self-Study Recommendations
- Recommendations 1-3: Student Learning Outcomes, October 2012
- Recommendation 4: Distance Education, October 2011
- Recommendation 4: Distance Education (2nd Report), October 2012